If you get error messages such as 87, 112, 11, 50, 2, 3, 87, 1726, 1393, 1910, 0x800f081f when running the DISM tool built into Windows 10, these suggestions for troubleshooting general suggestions may help you solve the problem. The error code may be accompanied by a message:
- If the associated message: – The resume state parameter is not recognized in this context, or an error occurred while processing the command. This may mean that the DISM command you are using is not supported by the operating system version.
- If the associated message is: – The option to add a package is unknown. This may indicate that the option you are using is not supported by the operating system version.
If the Windows system image becomes unusable, you can use the Image and Service Deployment Management (DISM) tool to update the files and resolve the issue. In case of inconsistencies and system corruption, corrupted Windows Update Center files, etc. etc. You can run the DISM tool using the image cleanup feature with the available switches.
However, if the effort is unsuccessful, you may need to figure out why this happened. These errors usually occur when using parameter / restorehealth http://windowsbulletin.com/dism-error-87-112-11-50-2-3-871726-1393-0x800f081f/. However, they can also occur with other settings.
Reset all incomplete tasks
The first step is to disconnect from the Internet and type DISM.exe / image: C: / cleanup-image / revertpendingactions to reset any pending tasks, including Windows updates.
Note. If the above step does not work, try DISM.exe / online / cleanup-image / revertpendingactions.
Open your computer in Safe Mode
If you encounter this problem, the first thing you need to do is to activate safe mode on your computer. The steps are pretty easy to follow.
- Press the “Win and I” hotkey at the same time to launch the Settings app.
- Then go to “Update and Security” in the left column, then to “Restore”.
- Navigate to the right and click on “Reboot Now” under “Advanced Startup”.
- When BIOS mode appears, select Troubleshooting from the options menu.
- On the next page, select the Advanced option to open the Startup Options window.
- Press the “Restart” button and press function keys such as F4 or F5. These buttons represent “Enable Safe Mode” and “Enable Safe Mode with Network Drivers Load”.
Clear the Component Store in DISM
Step 1: Press Win + R to start the race.
Step 2: In the “Run” dialog box, type cmd and press Enter to open a command prompt window with elevated privileges.
Step 3: After that, type this command – dis.exe / online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup
Note. The command you just entered will clean up the component repository so that the DISM tool can work properly again.
Run the command to check the system files
If the error persists, run the sfc / scannow command. This can fix DISM error 0x800f081f with bearings 1910, 1726, 1393, 112, 87, 50, 11, 3 or 2.
- Click the Start menu and type command line in the search box.
- Right-click the appropriate option and select Run as administrator.
- When prompted for UAC, click Yes to continue.
- Type sfc / scannow next to the flashing cursor and press Enter.
- This task takes about 10 minutes. So wait accordingly.